Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sleepy Time

Last night at work wasn't anything special, just catch-up from the weekend. And cookies. Lots of cookies. Oh, and this anniversary cake I decorated! (I can't take credit for making it though, that was all Nora this time.)
We also had some little visitors last night, in the outdoor hallway.
Aren't they cute?!
They didn't mind us at all, even though we were so close to them. Deep sleepers!
Ben and I had to do an errand day in Victoria today, so in between work and the ferry we managed about 3 hours of sleep. Yawn!

I was soo tired this morning! I think I ate this blueberry bran muffin in the truck while waiting for the ferry. At least that's what the pictures tell me, but I can't remember it for the life of me. I'm not a sleep walker, but maybe I'm a sleep eater? Hmm, something to contemplate.
It was a full day of errands. We also picked up a few fun things along the way. Ben got this awesome telescope! It's worth like $400, and we got it for $80! Scooore! Ben says we'll be able to see the rings of saturn, the craters on the moon, and all kinds of other cool stuff. We can also get an attachment to hook up the camera to it and take pics of all that stuff! So much fun (and pictures) to come!
Not as exciting, but I got a couple of nice plates that aren't so busy as our regular dishes. Hopefully these'll make for some better food pics! Here they are! This nice green one...
And this cute white square one. You'll be seeing these again!
We managed everything, and also got some nice bamboo flooring and a medicine cabinet for the apartment Ben is building for us. I am so looking forward to our own space!

Ferry ride home = nap time for Rowie! Yeah, I passed out.
And Ben was "nice" enough to take a picture of me. Gee thanks.

I was so hungry when we got home that I demolished my dinner without even thinking of taking pictures. Sorry. My MIL made crab cakes and some potato pancake type things. The sauce for the crab cakes was nice and garlicky/creamy. Just what I needed after a long day.

Ben just went to work, and I'm catching up on my blog reading/writing. Then I'm gonna watch Stardust. I have to say, I love that movie! I am currently in the process of trying to find the book.

I think I'll be going to bed earlier than usual tonight so I'm ready for my ride in the morning. It's sleepy time!


No comments:

Post a Comment