Saturday, August 7, 2010

Big Bake and Tractor Time!

Last night, after our nawesome meal by Ben, we had to go to work. As usual our pre-weekend bake was HUGE! We made tons of stuff, and were overly proud of ourselves. Ben took lots of pics, here are a few.
There are bear claws, plain croissant, chocolate croissant, ham and cheese croissant, butter horns, craisin cream scones, roasted garlic grape tomato cheddar scones, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, raisin bran muffins, and blueberry muffins! Not a bad spread!
The plain croissant are not something Ben does all of the time, so I had to try one. It was THE best croissant I have ever had! I could feel my mouth coated in warm buttery goodness, my shirt covered in light and delicately crispy flakes, the wonderful fresh baked flavor washing away all self control.
That last sentence should be translated as: I ate the whole thing myself! Oops! Well, I think it was worth it!

Among the millions of pies and cookies I made last night I also found time to whip up these little guys. So cute! I love fruit tarts!

After a blissful 8 hours of sleep Ben and I woke up and enjoyed our morning hits of caffeine. I can't believe that it's actually raining out today! Back in California rain in August is unheard of! Just one more reason we love our B.C. home!
We figured that because of the rain it would be safe to use the tractor and chainsaw, so we hiked down the hill in our work clothes to clean up some of the brush and downed trees in our paths. There was lots to do! We were out working in the misty rain for about 3 hours. I hauled brush while Ben cut stuff up. Then I rode around on the tractor with him while he scooped shale up to put on the new dirt road. I know, sounds super Oakie, but that's just how it is. Yeehaw!
We really got a lot done! It was just such a nice temperature, and it felt so fresh out! The smell of wet dirt and cut trees was so homey. I loved it!
Heeeey, I guess I should know better than to give Ben the camera!
I know, awesome fashion statement. That's what you were thinking. You know you're jealous!

After that much mud a hot shower felt amazing.Oh, and I accidentally let a chunk of butter horn fall into my mouth. Don't you hate it when that happens?! Now it's time for slippers and some dinner! Probably with bad movies to follow! G'night all!





No comments:

Post a Comment