Saturday, July 10, 2010

More hot weather hunger cures


B and I decided to make another salad style dinner last night, but we've had green salads the last two nights in a row. So...pasta salad and fruit salad it is! He was in charge of the pasta salad, and i did the fruit salad. I love cooking (or slicing, dicing and chopping, as the case may be) dinner together.
My salad was a big mix of everything fruity in the house.


I had this great idea, unfortunately too late, of showing everyone out there how to properly cut up different fruits, but it'll just have to be posted later. Hmmm...I'm getting quite a list of things to do "later". Anyway, i used banana, apple, grapefruit, mango, strawberries, cherries, watermelon, and white peach. I ran out to the garden and pinched off a few sprigs of lemon balm, minced them up, and tossed them into the bowl. Finally, I added some dried shredded coconut and some lime juice. It looked good! We put it in the fridge to chill, but a few pieces might have accidentally fallen into my mouth while i was making it. ;)
B made a wonderful pasta salad with radiatore pasta, homemade pest, kalamata olives, capers, parmesan cheese, and tons of garlic. When we served it we added little balls of fresh mozzarella.
It was such a satisfying meal! Yay us!

Our movie choices were terrible, but entertaining. We watched Green Zone, with Matt Damon, which was a horrible war movie. Not worth the time. Mamma's Boy was next, also bad, but at least it was funny. The final movie was Predator, which B insisted on because it's a "classic" that i had never seen. Aaaanold was blowing things up and showing off those muscles, but the thriller aspect was sort of lost on me. It's so hilariously dated!

Today has been less than exciting, although i conquered my nemesis: laundry! It's all folded. I also tried out my new Wii Fit Plus game, pretty fun, but not up to the calorie burn of just getting out there for some real exercise. Leftovers for lunch, and not sure about dinner yet.

B and I do plan to go kayaking in a bit, and check our crab trap. Hmm...crab for dinner perhaps?!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rowie,

    Definitely a great dish for hot weather and i must say it's pretty unique. I am gonna try this at home any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete