Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What day is it? Movie Monday-ish

Ok, I know I just put up a post, but I just realized something. It's Tuesday. Right now. Uh, that means that yesterday was Monday. Follow me so far? That also means that for 2 out of 3 weeks, Movie Monday has been on a Tuesday! Seriously? Am I losing my mind already?

I don't want to call it Movie Tuesday, cuz that just doesn't sound as good! I guess I'll just have to try harder, and actually pay attention to the days of the week. Huh. What a concept! ;)

Movie Monday:
Mission Impossible 2: Neither of us had ever seen this one before. It's surprisingly entertaining for being a sequel! Lots of good spy stuff, action, and more Tom Cruise. I have to say that I liked it!

Joe vs the Volcano: I saw this once a really long time ago, and didn't remember it much. This is one of the odder Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movies that I have seen! It's from 1990, and looks it! Meg plays 3 different characters, and does it rather poorly, but she's so cute that it doesn't matter. She does best when she just plays herself. That aside, this was pretty funny! Worth a watch.

Quantum of Solace: Hmm...what can I say about Daniel Craig? Hot, muscely, hot, good actor, hot, looks good in a tux, hot, and HOT! Oh, right...the movie! Typical James Bond flick. Good plot, lots of action, Bond wooing the ladies, and more action. This is one of my favorite Bond films of all time! If you haven't seen it, you need to. And I'm not just saying that because it's got Daniel Craig. But he is hot!

The Princess Diaries: Ann Hathaway plays a school girl, not with the in-crowd, who finds out she's a princess! Cute, funny, and very well done for this type of movie! I watched it by myself, but Ben actually said he'd seen this when it came out (!!! The things you find out about your husband! Wow!!!) and liked it too! Ha!

Joe's Apartment: This is an MTV movie, and is hilariously bad. Yes, it was funny. Yes, it was stupid. We laughed a lot, but often while cringing. Joe moves to the big city, and everything goes wrong. The roaches in his apartment can talk, and they decide that they like Joe, and want to help him out. It's all about Joe trying to get the perfect girl...with cockroach commentary and songs. Weird. I know.

Return to OZ: No child should ever watch this movie! Creepy! Dorthy Gail has been odd ever since the tornado, so good old Aunty Em takes her in for some electro shock therapy! Thanks Aunt Em! Sheesh! Dorothy ends up back in OZ, of course. She has all new friends, even odder than last time. The wheelers are out to get them (scary clown/bell boy looking guys with wheels instead of hands and feet). Plus this super scary lady who collects heads and can change from one to another runs around yelling "Dorothy Gail! Doorooothy Gaaaaaiiil" Yeah. Creepy! This is what I'm telling you! Anyway, I remember it from my childhood, (it's from 1985) and I do like it. I just don't know how I survived it without nightmares!

Yup, that's what we watched this week! I promise I'll try harder to remember which day is Monday! Next week! hehe.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man--I saw Joe vs the Volcano years and years ago . . . and I don't remember a thing about it! The movie I want to see soon is "The Young Victoria" (it's on Netflix instant play). It looks romantic and satisfying, and historical enough to placate my husband. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowie--you could always call it "Monday-plus-one-day Movie night ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Return to Oz as a child and was traumatized. And I was a creepy Poe-loving very Wednesday Adams kind of child. That woman with the heads and the weird machine. Ugh.
    But I do love a good fairy tale and you're right on the Princess Diaries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it s cool to make monday movie night on tuesday:)))))))))

    ReplyDelete