Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Basic Truffles

Hi there bloggy friends! Before we get to the chocolate, I wanted to let you know that I will soon have the opportunity to review an item from one of the CSN family of online stores! I will probably choose a food related item, but they also have things like tv tables, baby items and games in their selection of over 200 stores! I'm not exactly sure what I'll be getting yet, but I'll show you as soon as it gets here!
 I thought you might like another installment in the candy series! Here is another staple recipe for you. Truffles! Everyone loves them, and they are disgustingly simple! You can, of course, make them as complicated as you like, but they don't have to be hard!

This is another recipe from school. I have used it countless times! I'm sure you will too!

Chocolate Truffles
1 lb. semisweet chocolate
1 cup cream
6 Tbs. butter (3 oz.)

Bring the cream to a boil in a small sauce pan. Remove from the heat and stir into the chocolate and butter.

Stir until smooth.

Refrigerate until firm. Beat the mixture with the paddle attachment on the mixer on medium speed until light. Add liqueur if desired.

Form into balls with your hands or a scoop,

 or pipe into small rounds onto parchment-lined sheets. Freeze until firm before coating, rolling in nuts, or rolling in cocoa powder.

Variations
Liqueur: Before chilling the mixture, add 2 Tbs. grand marnier, brandy, kahlua, or other desired liqueur.

Nuts: Before chilling mixture, add 3/4 cup ground nuts such as hazelnuts, walnuts, or almonds.

Coatings: Cocoa powder, melted, tempered dark or white chocolate, finely chopped nuts.

You can also pipe this filling into tempered chocolate coated molds to make snazzy truffles!

This filling melts easily and quickly, so don't handle too much, and store somewhere dark and cool. The options are endless here! Use any liqueur, Stir in all kinds of nuts, candy cane bits, praline or whatever! Just try not to eat all of it out of the bowl! Don't worry, you can lick that when you're done! ;)

10 comments:

  1. Yum! I haven't made truffles in ages. Thanks for reminding me how easy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rowie. Good overview of truffle-making, which reminds me that I should do it again soon....

    I hope you're staying warm.

    Thanks,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never made truffles but I so love eating them, but who doesn't.
    A truffle mold is on my list since last Christmas but never seem to find the one.
    Yours looks so yummy, thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I luv truffles! Nice step by step. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love truffles... actually who wouldn't love them. I love this recipe... it looks simple and doable. I have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love truffles, but have never made them. Thanks for the recipe-so easy. I make my Mom's recipe for fudge, very similar, but now I can make truffles, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could eat so many of these, it wouldn't be appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to invest in some little candy molds so I can make these truffles! They sound delicious.. perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying truffles again this year for our Christmas party. I hope might turn out this well this time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You need to make some with white chocolate so I'm more enticed. :) They do look fantastic though. My daughter would be drooling.

    ReplyDelete