Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I'm Baaaack!

Hey everyone! Yup, still alive! After a long break I have decided to come back to my little  blog. I think this time around it will be a bit different. I'll still be sharing food and recipes now and then, but posts will include more gardening, crafting and knitting, daily life, and sometimes might just be a picture. Pretty much whatever I'm feeling at the time. I know, less structured and always changing, but such is my life!

Nothing much out of the ordinary has happened in the last few months, but I'll fill you in on May. Here are a bunch of pictures... enjoy!

Our garden is really taking off this year. Hopefully we'll get some fruit from this apple tree!

One of my favorites! This lilac smells sooo good!


My 29th birthday was on Sunday. It was a perfect day! Lots of time spent relaxing, reading, knitting and strolling through the garden and property with Ben and my dog. It was also a day full of delicious food! Ben spoiled me rotten!

Breakfast:


Dinner was a huge salad with greens fresh from the garden, cucumber, avocado, grilled asparagus, spot prawns fresh from the dock, and homemade garlic dressing with toasted almonds. It was DELICIOUS!


Here is the amazing cake Ben made for me. It was beautiful...


and drool-worthy! Lemon chiffon cake filled with fresh strawberries and lemon curd, frosted in whipped cream, and topped with more strawberries. Life is good (and so is cake)!


To completely change the subject, I have recently learned to knit, and it has become a new obsession! I am currently knitting wash cloths, flip-top mittens, kids fingerless mitts, baby Uggs, socks, a scarf, and a hat! Yikes! Here are a few of my recent projects.




Those of you that are still around, thanks for sticking with me!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Pender blogosphere...the shawl in the last picture is gorgeous! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! So happy you're back! L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry Weltman Consulting provides superior service in a timely manner. Whether it's a straightforward administration consultation or complex business modeling, we will facilitate your needs and requirements.

    ReplyDelete